Buck hunting is hot in the early season—in more ways than one. Here are five destinations that are primed for early-season action.
5. Maryland Trust me, Maryland grows big-antlered deer. Hunt them with a bow starting Sept. 9. And public land isn’t that hard to find.
4. Kansas Sept. 12 marks the opener for buck hunting with both archery equipment and muzzleloaders. Does the term “corn-fed” mean anything to you?
3. Washington Need a place to bowhunt on Sept. 1? You can only take one buck, but you’ve got three species to choose from: whitetail, blacktail and mule deer.
2. Wyoming You’ll need to draw a tag, but if you get lucky head to the state’s northeast corner for a big archery buck starting Sept. 10.
1. Kentucky Lots of food and killer genetics has produced Booner bucks from every corner of the state, and starting Sept. 3 you can tag one.
Looking to book a September buck hunt? Check out the services offered by Worldwide Trophy Adventures. Providing professional consultation, the firm can handle the details from booking to tagging out, making sure the action on your early-season hunt is hot.