by American Hunter Staff - Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Hosted by James D. Julia, Inc., the auction is being hailed as "200 years in the making." It will be the final time that the Custom Bicentennial Collection will be available directly from Remington, rather than on a secondary market. Each of the four sets available were hand-crafted in the Remington Customer Shop and were engraved by master engraver, Jesse Kaufman.
The Custom Bicentennial Collection includes a Model 870, Model 800 and a Model 1911 R1. They're meant to honor the first two centuries of America's oldest gunmaker.
The Remington Custom Bicentennial Collection includes:
• Three Bicentennial High Grade Firearms (Model 700, model 870, Model 1911 R1)
• Matching Custom Serial Numbers
• Assembled and Finished by the Remington Custom Shop
• 100 Percent Special Commemorative Engraving Coverage with Heavy Gold Wire Inlay
• Engraving by Jesse Kaufman, Sturgis, SD
• Exhibition American Black Walnut Stocks and Grips are Hand Checked and have a Hand Rubbed Oil Finish
• Checkering and Hand Rubbed Oil Finish by Karen Dufek, Remington Custom Shop,
• Gold Front Sight on Pistol and Leather Butt Pads on Long Guns
• Custom Leather Motor Travel Case
• Custom Wood & Glass Display Case with Bicentennial Etching on Glass
Interested parties must register for the live auction.
For more information, go to Remington.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.