2014 marked another banner year for the "Wilder World Outdoors." Though bears certainly stole the show, we faced no shortage of truly whacky hunting-related news this past calendar year. In case you missed one 2014's entries, I've categorized them below.
Here's to 2015, folks. Happy New Year, and happy hunting!
Nature vs. Nurture (Animals vs. People)
• Man Goes Hand-to-Hand with Wounded Bear, Wins
• When Whitetails Attack
• Black Bear vs. Bulldogs
• California Officials Kill Aggressive Mountain Lion
• Bears Destroy Mock Campsite, Lone Cooler Survives
• Don't Get Hit in the Head by a Snow Goose
• Moose Allegedly Attack Snowmobiler, Researcher
• Deer Breaks Into Minnesota Home, Battles Owner
• Turkey Runs Off UPS Man
Of Poachers, Thieves and Crazy People
Out of Place Animals
• Bear, Bigfoot or Hoax?
• Bear Cub Gets Head Stuck in Cookie Jar
• Bear Goes on Rampage in Washington
• Bear Interrupts American Legion Baseball Game
• Massive Alligator Caught Not Once, But Twice, near Hilton Head, S.C.
• Whitetail Runs into Car, Reports to Hospital
• Moose Captured on College Campus
• Why Did the Geese Cross the Road?
• Video: Black Bears Scale Cliff
• Moose Falls Into Well, Stops Water Flow
• American Chemical Society: Science of Deer Hunting Can Help Patients With Diabetes
• Mountain Lion Goes for Stroll in Hollywood Hills
Just Plain Wild
• Black Bears Come to Blows in New Jersey
• Wilder World's "Best Of" Whitetail Entries
• Pennsylvania Women Engage in Taxidermy Duel
• Are These Athletes Really Busting Clays?
• Bear, Hiker or Bigfoot?
• OK, Who Brought the Bear?
• Video: The Little Elk That Could
• Goose, Turkey Smash Vehicle Windows
• Bear Climbs Tree, Walks Tightrope for Meal