The benefits of an Instant Pot include shortened cooking time, tender meat, and vegetables cooked to perfection. Tough cuts like shank, neck or stew meat often take hours to braise on the stovetop or slow cook in a traditional Crock-Pot. With an Instant Pot pressure cooker, what would normally take four to eight hours can be prepared in an hour or so, with a taste and texture that will blow your mind. Even starting with frozen meats, you can be serving dinner in less than two hours. Get one, then try this delicious black bear pot roast recipe. This recipe can also be made with deer, elk or any venison you may have on hand.
Ingredients • 3 lbs. black bear roast • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil • 2 Tbsp ground coriander • 3 Tbsp dried rosemary • 2 tsp salt • 2 tsp black pepper • ½ cup red wine • ½ cup beef broth • 6 cloves garlic, minced • 1 large yellow onion, diced • 2 large carrots, chopped • 2 celery ribs, chopped • 2 bay leaves • ¼ cup cornstarch • ½ cup water
Directions 1. Sprinkle the coriander, rosemary, salt and pepper evenly over the roast, then add the garlic and rub into the meat.
2. Add oil to the Instant Pot and push the "Sauté" button. Place the roast in the oil and brown on all sides.
3. Remove the roast and deglaze the pot with the red wine and beef broth. Use a wooden spoon to remove browned bits from the pot. Add the onion, carrots, celery and bay leaves. Place the roast on top of the vegetables. Close the lid.
4. Cancel the "Sauté" function and push the "Meat/Stew" button, or manually set the timer to 35 minutes at high pressure. Allow the Instant Pot to cook for the programmed length of time.
5. Once the timer sounds, vent the pot using the quick-release valve and remove the lid. Remove the roast and vegetables to a serving tray.
6. To make the gravy, strain out all the remaining solids and return the leftover liquid to the pot. Mix cornstarch and water and slowly stir the mixture into the pot of liquid. Simmer and stir on the "Sauté" setting until thickened.