by American Hunter Staff - Sunday, March 5, 2017
Introduced in 2015 as a variant of the popular Marlin 1895 Guide Gun, the GSBL is, like the name implies, simply the Guide Gun model of the newer SBL line, which stands for stainless steel, big-loop and laminate stock. It sports some great features that have made it an instant favorite in the lever-action community. You can learn more about it with the video embedded above, hosted by Associate Editor Jon Draper.
• Manufacturer: Marlin Firearms Company
• Action Type: lever-action rifle
• Caliber: .45-70 Govt.
• Finish: nitride-treated stainless steel
• Stock: wood laminate; painted with textured webbing
• Sights: fixed front, fully-adjustable rear; drilled-and-tapped receiver
• Trigger: 7-lb., 5-oz. pull
• Barrel: stainless; 18.5"
• Overall Length: 37"
• Weight: 8 lbs.
• Magazine: tubular, six-round-capacity
• Rifling: 1:20" RH twist
• Accessories: owner’s manual
• MSRP: $1150
Looking for more #SundayGunday? We've got you covered.
• #SundayGunday: Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen
• #SundayGunday: Smith & Wesson Model 69
• #SundayGunday: Savage Arms A22 Magnum
• #SundayGunday: Winchester SX4
• #SundayGunday: Benelli Ethos 28-Gauge
• #SundayGunday: Kimber Model 84M Hunter
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.