by American Hunter Staff - Sunday, January 1, 2017
When most hunters think about rifles from Kimber, the first thing that comes to mind is usually price, which is typically several hundred dollars above a grand. But the latest rifle from Kimber, the Model 84M Hunter, isn't a typical offering from the company. The Hunter has an MSRP of less than $900—it's the least expensive rifle in Kimber's line-up. Now if that doesn't get your attention, perhaps this will: The Hunter has the same controlled-round-feed, stainless steel 84M action and match-grade barrel that go on Kimber's other rifles like the Montana and Adirondack—but you'll save $500 to $800 with the Hunter. Like what you're reading? Learn more about the Model 84M Hunter by checking out the latest episode of AmericanHunter.org's #SundayGunday series.
• Type: bolt-action centerfire rifle
• Caliber: .243 Win., .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor (tested), 7mm-08 Rem., .308 Win.
• Barrel: 22"; stainless steel; 4 grooves, 1:8" RH twist
• Trigger: single-stage, adjustable; 3.8-lb. pull weight
• Magazine: steel and polymer detachable box; 3-rnd. capacity
• Sights: none; receiver drilled and tapped for scope bases
• Safety: three-position wing
• Stock: straight comb; flat dark earth polymer w/aluminum pillar bedding; LOP 13.75"
• Metal Finish: stainless steel
• Overall Length: 41.25"
• Weight: 5.5 lbs.
• MSRP: $891
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.