Pump-action shotguns are darn reliable. It's why the design has had such sustained success, even after the advent of the autoloader. We recently covered one of 2016's best values in the budget-friendly Stoeger P3000, which impressed our reviewer. It impressed consumers, too, because for 2017 Stoeger has announced the P3500—the same gun, essentially, just chambered for those big ol' 3½-inch shells.
Goose hunters have long favored the increased payload of the 3½-inch shell, and with the P3500 they'll be able to shoot it without breaking the bank. Why? Because Stoeger's new pump is going to retail for under $400. Not bad.
Like the P3000, the P3500 is built to be as reliable and durable as it is affordable. It features a mechanical rotating bolt head and dual action bars for smooth cycling. An elongated barrel extension protects the aluminum receiver, making it a robust shotgun that's designed for heavy use. A fiber optic red bead front sight tops a chrome-lined steel barrel. Sling studs and a modified choke are included in the package, with separate chokes sold separately.
A base model will ship with an MSRP of $399, while the MAX-5 edition will list at $449. The shotgun comes with a limited 5-year warranty.
• Gauge: 12
• Action: Pump
• Chambering: 2-3/4, 3 and 3-1/2 inch
• Capacity: 4+1
• Barrel Length(s): 26 and 28 inches
• Stock: Synthetic
• Finish(es): Black and Realtree MAX-5
• Overall Length: 48 inches (26-inch barrel); 50 inches (28-inch barrel)
• Weight: 6.9 pounds (26-inch barrel); 7 pounds (28-inch barrel)
• Length of Pull: 14-3/8 inches
• Drop at Comb: 1-1/2 inches
• Drop at Heel: 2-1/2 inches
• Sights: Fiber optic front bead
• Choke: M (with wrench)
• Warranty: 5 years
For more information, go to StoegerIndustries.com.