Colt has announced the launch of its brand-new CBX Precision Rifle—an advanced bolt-action chassis rifle with performance-enhancing features ideal for competitive shooters. It is customizable for a shooters’ fit, and it’s modular to accommodate aftermarket accessories, including, suppressors, weights, AICS magazines and optic mounts.
“Our engineers excelled in the design of the CBX Rifle,” remarked Jessica Treglia, Colt Manufacturing, Director of Commercial Products. “We’ve created a premium precision rifle worthy of the Colt name.”
The modularity of a chassis rifle system makes them a popular choice for competitive target shooters. The CBX’s user-adjustable length-of-pull and cheek weld allow a custom shooter fit. The rifle’s aluminum chassis features a 15-inch extended fore-end with an ARCA rail and M-LOK slots for mounting accessories. An aggressive barricade stop establishes a solid shooting platform in any position. Enhanced ergonomics include an angled pistol grip, built-in thumb shelf, QD cups and an ambidextrous magazine release, providing a user-friendly shooting experience.
The CBX rifle system features a flat-bottom receiver—a design that reduces flex and improves accuracy. Its 60-degree bolt throw allows for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility, while its ergonomic 2-position tang safety is intuitive and quick to operate. A user-adjustable (2.5-5lbs.), crisp trigger allows a customizable shooter feel.
Colt optimized the CBX’s carbon steel, button-rifled barrel’s length for ballistic performance. The 6.5 Creedmoor sports a 26-inch barrel, while the .308 Win uses a 24-inch barrel, and both feature ⅝-24 UNEF threaded muzzles with thread protectors. A black nitride treatment protects barrels from corrosion while providing a tactical matte finish.
Other features included with the CBX rifle system are a 1-piece Picatinny rail with Remington 700 compatible scope mounts and a detachable 5-round Magpul AICS magazine. Colt backs the CBX Precision Rifle with a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee.
CBX Precision Rifle Features
• Flat-bottom receiver reduces flex and improves accuracy
• AICS magazine compatible (includes 5-round Magpul magazine)
• Black nitride barrel finish protects against corrosion
• Carbon steel, button-rifled barrel with ballistically optimized length and twist
• Ergonomic 2-position safety
• 60-degree bolt throw for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility
• 1-piece Picatinny rail – Remington 700 compatible
• Aluminum chassis with a user-adjustable length of pull and cheek weld
• Extended fore-end (15”) with ACRA rail and M-LOK slots
• Aggressive barricade stop
• User-adjustable trigger (2.5-5lbs.)
• Pistol grip, thumb shelf, QD cups, ambidextrous mag latch
CBX Precision Rifle Technical Specifications
• Barrel Length: 24” .308 Win.; 26” 6.5 Creedmoor
• Weight: 10.75 lbs. (unloaded)
• Capacity: 5+1
• Twist Rate: 1:10” RH 6 GR .308 Win.; 1:8” RH 6 GR 6.5 Creedmoor
• OAL: 47” .308 Win.; 49” 6.5 Creedmoor
• Trigger Pull: 2.5-5 lbs. (user-adjustable)
• MSRP: $1,899
Check back here on Sunday to learn more about the new CBX Precision Rifle in our exclusive #SundayGunday video.