It's safe to say that the Benelli ETHOS was well-received. Heck, we gave it a Golden Bullseye Award for Shotgun of the Year. So it wasn't much of a surprise when Benelli continued to flesh out the ETHOS line last year with the introduction of a 20-gauge variant. For 2016, the company is taking things a step further and releasing a 28-gauge ETHOS.
Not content with just making its baby available in 28-gauge, though, Benelli upped the ante a bit. A partnership with Fiocchi has yielded the introduction of the industry's first 3-inch, 28-gauge load. Engineers say that the 3-inch shotshell can achieve the same velocity as a standard 2 3/4-inch, 28-gauge load but with a quarter-ounce more shot. The result is a 25 percent increase in knockdown power and 20 percent more pellets on target at 35 yards.
Like all ETHOS shotguns, the new 5.3-pound 28-gauge model features a carbon fiber rib to reduce overall weight, red front sights and an anti-seize magazine cap to prevent binding in foul weather or dusty conditions.
• Gauge: 28
• Chamber: 2-3/4 and 3 inch
• Action: Semi-auto
• Barrel Length: 26 inches
• Capacity: 2+1
• Crio Chokes: C, IC, M, IM and F
• Sights: Red fiber-optic front sight; metal bead mid sight
• Length of Pull: 14-3/8 inches
• Drop at Heel: 2-1/2 inches
• Drop at Comb: 1-1/2 inches
• Overall Length: 47 inches
• Stock: AA-Grade satin walnut
• Finish: Black anodized or engraved nickel-plated receiver with gloss blue barrel
• Weight: 5.3 pounds.
• MSRP: $2,199
For more information, go to BenelliUSA.com.