by American Hunter Staff - Monday, January 9, 2017
Long-range shooting is all the rage right now, and Federal Premium has been paying attention. For 2017, the company is introducing its own long-range specific cartridge with the announcement of the Edge TLR line.
The Edge TLR uses what Federal is calling a Slipstream polymer tip to initiate expansion at long range. At close range, the bullet's copper shank and bonded lead core retain weight for consistent, lethal penetration. Its long profile is supposed to offer a high ballistic coefficient.
• Match-grade long-range accuracy in a bonded hunting bullet
• Extremely high ballistic coefficient
• Exclusive Slipstream tip helps flatten trajectories and initiate low-velocity expansion
• Less wind drift and drop
• AccuChannel groove technology minimizes drag
• Copper shank and bonded lead core retain weight for deep penetration at any range
• Demonstrated expansion at 900 yards
At launch, the Edge TLR line will be available in .308 Win., .30-06 Sprg., .300 Win. Mag. and .300 Win. Short Mag.
For more information, go to FederalPremium.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information