by American Hunter Staff - Wednesday, January 11, 2017
The SHOT Show 2017 announcements are pouring out in droves, from all corners. An intriguing announcement in the airgun world comes from HatsanUSA, which is launching its first-ever semi-automatic air rifle in Las Vegas.
The airgun, named the BullMaster, is a new semi-auto Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP) air rifle with a bullpup design. It will be available in .177 and .22 calibers.
"Our customers have been asking us to release a semi-auto bullpup for quite some time and with the BullMaster, HatsanUSA is delivering in a big way," said Blaine Manifold, President of HatsanUSA. "For us, the key feature is that the semi-auto action is gas operated, as opposed to electrical. This delivers greater reliability and longevity."
The BullMaster features a detachable, rotary magazine (14-shot capacity for the .177, 12-shot capacity for .22) and each rifle ships with three magazines. Carrying slots have been built into the stock for storing spare magazines. A 500cc volume air bottle is mounted to the forearm of the rifle, and two air cylinders are included. The barrel is full shrouded, precision rifled and choked for optimal shot count.
The entire package ships with an MSRP of $1,399.99.
• Genuine bullpup design, Semi-auto action pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air rifle
• Available in .177 (4.5 mm), .22 (5.5 mm) caliber
• Max Muzzle Velocity for .22 caliber is 970 fps
• Max Muzzle Velocity for .177 caliber is 1050 fps
• Detachable 14-shot magazine in .177 (4.5mm) and 12-shot magazine in .22 (5.5mm)
• Fully shrouded, precision rifled and choked barrel for accuracy
• 500cc volume air bottle mounted in the forearm
• Includes 3 magazines
• Includes quick-fill nozzle
• Tactical style ambidextrous stock with thumbhole
• 2 spare magazine carrying slots in the stock
• Accessory Weaver-style rail beneath the forearm
• "EasyAdjust" Elevation Comb Stock
• Ventilated rubber butt pad
• Built-in pressure gauge to monitor the cylinder pressure
• Weaver-style rail for both 11 mm and 22 mm scope mounts
• Overall blued finish, black anodized receiver
• Patented anti-knock system prevents discharge when rifle is knocked or bounced
• Manual safety
• Black metal trigger
• Fitted sling swivels
For more information, go to HatsanUSA.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.