by American Hunter Staff - Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Black Cloud has been Federal Premium's headlining waterfowl load for more than a decade, and it's won over its fair share of the wingshooters. But it has also always come with the caveat that it can't be use if your shotgun sports a ported choke tube, which have been increasingly common aftermarket accessories. Those days are over. For 2017, Federal is rolling out a new edition of Black Cloud that's ported choke safe, courtesy of the new FliteControl FLEX wad.
The wad's redesigned rear-deploying petals and side-mounted vents stimulate the payload in each Black Cloud shell, creating separation from the wad at the ideal moment for dense patterns. Previous iterations of the FliteControl wad could, in rare cases, get hung up in a ported choke—but that's no longer an issue. Feel free to choke your gun however you'd like.
• Rear-opening FliteControl FLEX wad provides the tightest patterns possible through both ported and standard chokes
• Payload of 40 percent FliteStopper steel pellets and 60 percent Premium® steel for dense patterns and larger wound channels
• Catalyst lead-free primer and clean-burning, temperature-stable propellant drastically reduce residue
• Black nickel head inhibits corrosion
• Sealed crimp defeats moisture in extreme conditions
Federal is offering its new Black Cloud loads at the following prices:
For more information, go to FederalPremium.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.