Ever dreamed of adding your name to the American Hunter masthead? Here's your chance—we're hiring! So if you think you're ready to call "The World's Largest Hunting Magazine" your employer, check out the details below. The position—Associate Digital Editor—works full-time at NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, Va. Sorry, teleworking and freelancing aren't in the cards this time. We do, however, offer a full benefits package and the chance to join one of the most respected magazine staffs in the industry.
The Associate Digital Editor supports print editors and Web Managing Editor in production and execution of American Hunter and Hunters' Leadership Form (HLF) web properties. Coordinate content of web properties ensuring all work satisfies established quality standards and policies, and meets production deadlines. Produces and posts content to respective web properties. Provides editorial and search engine optimization befitting best web practices.
College degree in Journalism, English, or Communications, or equivalent work experience required. Knowledge of best practices as related to web content management. Working knowledge of the shooting and hunting sports. Support for the NRA and Second Amendment required. Salary range: 45k-55k, DOQ.
- Coordinates with Editor in Chief, Web Managing Editor and HLF Editor in selection and production of editorial material for AMERICAN HUNTER and HLF web properties.
- Coordinates with the magazine’s print editors on strategies to ensure proper and timely posting of material to social media outlets.
- Coordinates with Web Operations Department on the design and placement of editorial, photographic and video content.
- Advises HLF editor on best web practices and provides digital support.
- Proofreads, edits and posts content to AMERICAN HUNTER and HLF web properties as assigned.Provides inbound and outbound marketing on social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media-related sites as assigned.
- Procures images for website use and ensures that proper usage rights are obtained.
- Writes web copy, headlines and captions for AMERICAN HUNTER and HLF web properties.
- Implements SEO-related features to AMERICAN HUNTER and HLF web properties.
- Ensures that web content is consistent with NRA policies.
- Travels as assigned.
- Extended hours required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please read the full position description online at careers.nra.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled). To apply, send resume with cover letter (required) and salary expectations to [email protected].