For 2019, Benelli has introduced its new 828U Sport over/under shotgun, designed around the company’s patented Steel Locking System—a solid steel breech block that locks directly to the monoblock, containing all pressure from the shotshell and preventing its transfer to the receiver and hinge pins. The additional weight in the center of the gun creates a system that is well-balanced and stable and helps reduce felt recoil. Additionally, Benelli’s innovative Progressive Balancing system uses a combination of small weights in the buttstock allowing the shooter to balance the 828U Sport to their preferred shooting style. Simply add or remove the weights to change the center of balance fore and aft.Shims are also included for drop and cast adjustments, creating up to 40 possible stock positions. A wide carbon-fiber rib atop the 828U Sport’s 30-inch barrel features an integrated sight channel that guides your eye to the front white bead for consistent and precise sight alignment. Each 828U Sport comes with a choke wrench and five extended nickel/red Crio chokes in C, IC, M, IM and F. Learn more about it in the video embedded above. MSRP: $4,399; benelliusa.com.
• Type: boxlock over/under shotgun
• Gauge/Chamber: 12/3″
• Barrel: 30″; hammer-forged, cryogenically treated, carbon-fiber vent rib, threaded for choke tubes
• Sights: front white bead
• Safety: user-adjustable automatic/manual w/barrel selector
• Trigger: user-adjustable trigger position
• Stock: AA-Grade walnut, satin finish; LOP 14¾″; drop at heel 2¼″; drop at comb 1⅝″; stock dimensions adjustable
• Metal Finish: matte blued
• Overall Length: 47¼″
• Weight: 8.05 lbs.
• Accessories: 5 Crio choke tubes(C, IC, M, IM, F), choke-tube wrench, 8 Progressive Balancing System steel weights, 9 drop and cast shims, hard case