ThermaCELL has announced a new Repellent Camp Lantern, which brings the company's patented mosquito repellent technology together with the features of a rugged, versatile lantern.
The new design has a weighted bottom, so it can't be tipped easily. It also sports a contoured bail for easy transport and storage. The olive-colored base is accented with black rubber that serves as a protection against drops. With three light settings and SOS for emergency situations, the lantern globe can be detached to increase the intensity of the light for maximum brightness.
The unit's repellent is virtually odorless and silent, making protection from insects undetectable and unobtrusive at the campsite.
"The ThermaCELL Repellent Camp Lantern is a natural addition to our portfolio of outdoor camping products," said Allegra Lowitt, the company's chief marketing officer. "We married our patented mosquito repellent technology with the most desired features campers want in a rugged lantern, such as bright light, low battery indicator, emergency light settings, and a hanging hook."
• Light produces 300 lumens
• Light settings include: Low/Med/High/SOS
• D-cell batteries (not included) provide 40 hours of light on highest setting
• Battery life indicator turns from green to yellow to red as power drains
• Water resistant
• Hanging clip on under side of lantern base
• Size: 9.5" tall by 4" wide
• Weight: 21 ounces without batteries
The lantern ships with an MSRP of $59.95.
For more information, go to ThermaCELL.com.