Bergara, the vaunted Spanish barrel maker, now produces three full-fledged rifle lines. Its least expensive, the Performance line, features two rifles: the B14 Hunter (synthetic) and B14 Timber. These rifles are designed by American hunters and shoot and feel like rifles that cost much more. For more information, check out the video embedded above.
• Manufacturer: Bergara USA
• Model: B-14 Timber
• Action: bolt-action, center-fire rifle
• Caliber: .270 Win.
• Magazine: four-round-capacity, closed-box
• Barrel: 24”, 4140 chromoly steel, matte finish
• Stock: walnut, oiled finish
• Trigger: 2-lb. 7.7-oz. pull
• Sights: none; drilled-and-tapped receiver
• Overall Length: 40.5”
• Weight: 7 lbs., 9 ozs.
• Twist: 1:10” RH
• MSRP: $945
For more information, go to BergaraUSA.com.