The powerful, big-bore "Texan" from AirForce Airguns features a two-stage trigger that releases a sizable burst of air from its 490cc removable and refillable air tank, driving .457-cal. projectiles in excess of 1000 fps. It's purported to be the most production air rifle on the market. But does that claim hold water? Find out with in the video embedded above, as American Rifleman's Christopher Olsen hosts the latest episode of NRA's Gun of the Week.
• Manufacturer: AirForce Airguns
• Model: Texan
• Caliber: .457
• Action Type: Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP) single-shot air rifle
• Frame: anodized alumium
• Sights: optional; rail for scope bases
• Trigger: two-stage, adjustable for position; 3-lb., 6-oz. pull
• Stock: steel air tank with buttplate
• Weight: 8 lbs., 10 ozs. (with optic)
• Accessories: owner’s manual, wrench
• MSRP: $1055
For more information, go to AirForceAirguns.com.