At SHOT Show 2014, Benelli made waves with the public introduction of its Ethos semi-auto, which quickly became one of the well-regarded new releases of the year. What could the company possibly do to follow that up in 2015? Try throw everyone for a loop by introducing its first-ever over/under: the Benelli 828U. The 828U has been one of the year's hottest new releases, and that's a big part of the reason our friends at American Rifleman made it an NRA Gun of the Week. Brian Sheetz takes a closer look at the revolutionary introduction in the video embedded above.
• Type: boxlock over/under shotgun
• Gauge/Chamber: 12/3"
• Barrels: 26", 28" (tested); interchangeable, hammer-forged, cryogenically treated, carbon-fiber vent rib, threaded for choke tubes
• Sights: front fiber-optic pipe
• Safety: user-adjustable automatic/manual w/barrel selector
• Trigger: single, inertial; 5.8-lb. pull weight
• Stock: AA-grade walnut, satin finish; LOP 14 3/8"; drop at heel 2 1/8"; drop at comb 1 1/2"; stock dimensions adjustable
• Metal Finish: anodized black, nickel-plated (tested)
• Overall Length: 451/4"
• Weight: 6 lbs., 13 ozs.
• Accessories: 5 Crio choke tubes (C, IC, M, IM, F), choke-tube wrench, 9 drop and cast shims, hard case
• MSRP: $2,999 (nickel-plated), $2,499 (anodized black)
For more information, go to BenelliUSA.com.