As 20,000-plus hunters land in Las Vegas for the 44th Annual SCI Hunters' Convention, Feb. 3-6, it's obvious why the organization has "International" in its name. As I type this, a whopping 1,200 exhibitors from 33 nations and six continents are putting the final touches on their exhibitor booths in the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center exhibit hall showcasing:
• 550-plus guides and outfitters worldwide
• 57 gunmakers
• 110 taxidermists
• A Gunmaker's Village showcasing Europes fine gunmakers and engravers
• A Fishing Village spotlighting world-class fishing opportunities
• A Wingshooting Pavilion touting 5-star and Orvis-endorsed destinations
• 55 renown wildlife artists
• An array of fine jewelers, furriers and makers of unique collectibles and home goods
• Jam-packed special sessions and events, including evening entertainment
• Live and silent auctions for more than 1,150 items--hunting and fishing trips, art, jewelry, firearms and other outdoor products--expected to raise $10 million in support of its conservation, hunter advocacy and education programs!
Oh, and by the way, the exhibit hall spans a million square feet so bring your walking shoes! I can't wait to see all my NRA and SCI buddies on the show floor as we rush to see as many of the 1,200 booths as possible over the next three days.
For more information, go to SafariClub.org.