by American Hunter Staff - Sunday, April 9, 2017
Last December, Savage Arms teased that it had a major release coming in 2017, and earlier this year at SHOT Show 2017 the folks from Westfield, Mass. rolled out the company’s first-ever AR-15 build, which they later christened the “MSR"—though, in this case, those three letters don’t stand for Modern Sporting Rifle. They stand for Modern Savage Rifle. Savage hit the ground running, too, by having four distinct models available at launch—the Recon and Patrol, which are modeled after the AR-15, and the Hunter and Long Range models, which more closely resemble the AR-10 design. The first to be featured in a #SundayGunday episode is the MSR 15 Recon—which serves as a more tricked out model of the introductory MSR 15 Patrol. You can learn more about it in the video embedded above.
Looking for more #SundayGunday? We've got you covered.
• #SundayGunday: Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
• #SundayGunday: Big Horn Armory Model 89
• #SundayGunday: Stoeger P3000
• #SundayGunday: Ruger Mini-14
• #SundayGunday: Marlin 1895 GSBL Lever-Action Rifle
• #SundayGunday: Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen
• #SundayGunday: Smith & Wesson Model 69
• #SundayGunday: Savage Arms A22 Magnum
• #SundayGunday: Winchester SX4
• #SundayGunday: Benelli Ethos 28-Gauge
• #SundayGunday: Kimber Model 84M Hunter
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.