by American Hunter Staff - Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Lightweight and accurate, the Mountain Ascent rifle from Kimber features a Kevlar-reinforced carbon fiber stock for added durability. With a barreled action finished in Shade Gray KimPro II, the Mountain Ascent rifle has a fluted barrel and bolt which cuts unnecessary weight, and a muzzle brake with cap that helps reduce felt recoil. You can learn more about Kimber's gem in the video embedded above, taken from a recent episode of American Rifleman TV on Outdoor Channel.
• Manufacturer: Kimber Mfg., Inc., 555 Taxter Road, Elmsford, NY 10523, (888) 243-4522
• Caliber: .308 Win., .270 Win., .280 Ack. Imp., .30-’06 Sprg. (tested)
• Action Type: bolt-action, repeating center-fire rifle
• Receiver: stainless steel
• Finish: matte stainless
• Magazine: internal blind box; four-round capacity
• Overall Length: 41.25" to 43.75" (tested)
• Barrel: 22" to 24" (tested); stainless steel; slim contour; half-fluted; muzzle brake
• Rifling: six-groove; RH twist; 1:12", .308 Win.; 1:10", .270 Win. and .30-’06 Sprg.; 1:9.5", .280 Ack. Imp.
• Weight: 4 lbs., 13 ozs. (84M); 5 lbs., 5 ozs. (84L) (tested 84L, 5 lbs., 2 ozs.)
• Sights: none, drilled and tapped; Talley lightweight scope bases/rings available
• Trigger Pull: adjustable, single-stage; 3-lb., 10-oz. pull
• Stock: Kevlar/carbon fiber; length of pull 13.63" to 13.75"; drop at heel 0.54"; drop at comb 0.43"
• Accessories: thread protector; muzzle brake removal tool; cable lock, manual, cardboard box
• Suggested Retail Price: $2,040
For more information, go to KimberAmerica.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.