The most distinctive feature of Mossberg’s latest series of 590 shotguns is a detachable box magazine. Using the 590 platform as a starting point, Mossberg, in conjunction with Adaptive Tactical, modified the 590 receiver to accept detachable box magazines holding five, 10, 15 or 20 rounds of 12-gauge ammunition. This new iteration, the 590M, is reliable and fast to load. Learn more about it in the video embedded above, hosted by American Rifleman's Kelly Young.
• Action Type: pump-action shotgun
• Gauge: 12; 2 ¾” chamber
• Metal Finish: blued steel barrel; black anodized aluminum receiver
• Sights: single brass bead
• Trigger: 8-lb., 4-oz. pull
• Stock: black polymer
• Magazine: 10-round detachable box
• Weight: 7 lbs., 12 ozs.
• MSRP: $721; mossberg.com