by American Hunter Staff - Monday, September 4, 2017
Savage Arms entered the AR market early in 2017, and its premium entry in the category—the MSR 15 Recon—is the focus of this week's NRA Gun of the Week. Check out the video embedded above, hosted by American Rifleman's Kelly Young.
• Model: MSR 15 Recon
• Manufacturer: Savage Arms
• Chambering: .223 Wylde
• Action Type: direct-gas-impingement, center-fire semi-automatic rifle
• Receiver: forged aluminum; hardcoat anodized matte black
• Barrel: 16.13”; 1:8” RH twist, Melonite finish
• Sights: Blackhawk flip-up
• Trigger: 6-lb., 9.5-oz. pull
• Stock: Blackhawk Knoxx Axiom six-position collapsible
• Handguard: free-float M-LOK
• Magazine: 30-round detachable box
• Weight: 7 lbs.
• MSRP: $999
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.