Montana is known for its unpredictable and unforgiving weather, and the Extreme X2 rifle is built to handle all the abuse the Rocky Mountains can dish out. It is a rifle built to be dependable. Ask any hunter why a certain rifle is his favorite, and his response will either begin or end with something like “it always works” or “I know it will get the job done.” Likewise, Montana Rifle Co. focuses on producing bolt guns that are trustworthy in the field. You can learn more about it with the video embedded above.
• Type: bolt-action centerfire rifle
• Caliber: .280 Ackley Imp. (tested); others from .22-250 Rem. to .33 Nosler available
• Barrel: 24"; stainless steel; button-rifled, hand-lapped; 6 grooves, 1:9.5" RH twist
• Trigger: single-stage; 3.1-lb. pull weight
• Magazine: internal box w/floorplate; 5-rnd. capacity
• Sights: none; receiver drilled and tapped for Winchester Model 70-style bases
• Safety: three-position wing
• Stock: straight-comb, carbon fiber w/Kevlar; LOP 13.625"
• Metal Finish: matte stainless steel
• Overall Length: 45"
• Weight: 7.5 lbs.
• MSRP: $1,412
Looking for more #SundayGunday? Click here.