by American Hunter Staff - Thursday, March 17, 2016
The "big brother" to the company's SR-556, Ruger's 7.62/.308 Win. chambered SR-762 has been well-received by the AR industry at large. Ruger released the rifle after customers demanded a .308 equivalent to the SR-556, and has reaped the benefits since. American Rifleman TV took a closer look at the SR-762 in a recent episode. You can check out the segment in the video embedded above.
• Action: Two-Stage Piston Gas Operated Semi-Auto
• Caliber: .308 Win./7.62 NATO
• Finish: Manganese Phosphate/Hard Coat Anodized
• Sights: Adjustable AR-Type Folding Iron Sights
• Barrel Length: 16.12”
• Overall Length: 34.75” to 38”
• Length of Pull: 11.5” to 14.75”
• Height: 8”
• Weight: 8.6 lbs.
• Twist: 1:10” RH
• Rifle Grooves: 6
• Accessories: Folding Adjustable Sights, Three 20-Round PMAGs, Three Removable Hand Guard Rails, Two Removable Short Accessory Picatinny Rails, Tactical Soft Case, Lock, Owner's Manual
• Suggested Retail Price: $2,195
For more information, go to Ruger.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.