by American Hunter Staff - Saturday, March 12, 2016
Built on the popular Model 336 action, the Marlin 1895 GSBL (Guide series, Stainless steel, Big-loop, Laminate stock) is chambered in .45-70 Govt. and features a full-length tubular magazine. You can learn more about it with the video embedded above, hosted by American Rifleman's Kelly Young.
• Manufacturer: Marlin Firearms Company
• Action Type: lever-action rifle
• Caliber: .45-70 Govt.
• Finish: nitride-treated stainless steel
• Stock: wood laminate; painted with textured webbing
• Sights: fixed front, fully-adjustable rear; drilled-and-tapped receiver
• Trigger: 7-lb., 5-oz. pull
• Barrel: stainless; 18.5"
• Overall Length: 37"
• Weight: 8 lbs.
• Magazine: tubular, six-round-capacity
• Rifling: 1:20" RH twist
• Accessories: owner’s manual
• MSRP: $1150
For more information, go to MarlinFirearms.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.