by American Hunter Staff - Friday, December 11, 2015
The powerful, big-bore "Texan" from AirForce Airguns features a two-stage trigger that releases a sizable burst of air from its 490cc removable and refillable air tank, driving .457-cal. projectiles in excess of 1000 fps. It's purported to be the most production air rifle on the market. But does that claim hold water? Find out with in the video embedded above, as American Rifleman's Christopher Olsen hosts the latest episode of NRA's Gun of the Week.
• Manufacturer: AirForce Airguns
• Model: Texan
• Caliber: .457
• Action Type: Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP) single-shot air rifle
• Frame: anodized alumium
• Sights: optional; rail for scope bases
• Trigger: two-stage, adjustable for position; 3-lb., 6-oz. pull
• Stock: steel air tank with buttplate
• Weight: 8 lbs., 10 ozs. (with optic)
• Accessories: owner’s manual, wrench
• MSRP: $1055
For more information, go to AirForceAirguns.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.