by NRA Staff - Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Steyr Arms has announced that it has expanded its Scout Rifle line with the introduction of OD Green and "MUD" stock variants, both of which are available now. Steyr has also announced an across-the-board reduction to the suggest retail price of its Scout Rifle offerings.
Steyr's OD Green was first used more than 40 years ago on the SSG 69 tactical rifle. OD Green was rebooted last month with the introduction of the AUG A3 M1 rifle, and it is now available as a standard stock-color option for the Scout. The new MUD color offering is similar to the familiar field dark earth color, and it also now available on the Scout Rifle.
Steyr is now offering a lower retail price of $1,699 for a Black, Gray, OD Green or MUD Scout Rifle in .308 Win. And now through the end the year, the company is offering an additional $200 savings, making a new .308 Scout Rifle just $1,499.
• Operation: Bolt-action repeating rifle
• Caliber: .308 Win.
• Action material: 25CrMo4 steel
• Magazine type/capacity: Polymer double-stack detachable box/5 rounds
• Barrel: 20-inch, fluted, cold-hammer forged
• Rifling: Four-groove, 1:12 RH twist
• Sights: Flip-up iron sights; integral top rail
• Finish: Mannox
• Safety: 3+1 position safety
• Trigger type: Single-stage adjustable
• Pull weight: 4 pounds, 8 ounces
• Stock material/type: Black, Gray, OD Green or MUD Polymer
• Recoil pad: Elastomer with spacers to adjust length of pull
• Sling swivels: Five removable push-and-turn-style positions available
• Checkering: None
• Weight, empty: 6.6 pounds
• Overall length: 39.4 inches
• Included accessories: Extra magazine, three sling swivels, owner's manual
• MSRP: $1,699
For more information, go to SteyrArms.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.