Want to hunt up high where the sheep, goats and early-season elk live? Along with a little summer exercise, this lightweight clothing and gear will help get you there.
1. We found Sitka Gear’s Stormfront Lite Jacket and Pant offer a much better range of motion and comfort compared to the rigidity of other raingear. They’re very packable, feature welded zippers and together weigh less than 2 pounds.
2. Cabela’s Polartec Power Dry base layers are moisture-wicking and coated in an anti-microbial treatment so you don’t arrive at the summit with that “not so fresh” feeling.
3. At 5 pounds, 1 ounce, Schnee’s Hunter II boots lack the heft of traditional pac boots. An aggressive sole prevents slipping down the mountain and a removable felt/wool quilted liner warms the toes at altitude.
4. Leica says its 18.9-ounce, 8x32 Ultravid not only sports great glass but is the lightest 8x32 binocular on the market.
5. The Buck Commander BlackTimber pack boasts 2,557 cubic inches of cargo space efficiently arranged in an assortment of pockets. An adjustable waist strap adds load-bearing support and MOLLE-compatible webbing allows for the attachment of accessories.