The folks at Smith & Wesson have announced their new M&P15-22 Sport, an update to the wildly popular M&P15-22 line. The new Sport variant will feature Magpul accessories as standard equipment.
The M&P15-22 SPORT features a 10-inch M&P slim handguard that incorporates the popular Magpul M-LOK system. The M-LOK system allows rifle owners to easily customize their M&P15-22 SPORT by adding accessories without removing the handguard. Smith & Wesson will include a 2-inch M-LOK rail panel with each rifle.
American Rifleman's Joe Kurtenbach had a chance to put his hands on the updated rifle at SHOT Show 2016's Media Day at the Range. You can check it out in the video embedded above.
• Model: M&P15-22 SPORT
• SKU: 10208
• Caliber: .22 LR
• Action: Semi-Auto Blowback
• Capacity: 25+1 Rounds• Barrel Length: 16.5” (41.9 cm)
• Front Sight: Folding MBUS
• Rear Sight: Folding MBUS
• Overall Length: 33.75” (85.7 cm) Extended 30.70” (77.9 cm)
• Grip: Collapsed Polymer
• Weight: 5 lbs. (2,268.0 g)
• Barrel Material: Carbon Steel
• Upper & Lower Material: Polymer
• Finish: Matte Black
For more information, go to Smith-Wesson.com.%MCEPASTEBIN%