by American Hunter Staff - Sunday, March 26, 2017
Since the cowboy era, it’s been common practice to get a lever-action rifle in the same caliber as your sidearm. The idea was simple: Tote a rifle that shoots your handgun loads, and you’ve just simplified your life. Though the practice isn’t quite necessary today, the tradition of offering lever-action rifles in handgun calibers lives on. One such rifle: Big Horn Armory's Model 89, which is chambered in the punishing .500 S&W Mag. Learn more about it with the video embedded above, hosted by Associate Editor Jon Draper.
Looking for more #SundayGunday? We've got you covered.
• #SundayGunday: Stoeger P3000
• #SundayGunday: Ruger Mini-14
• #SundayGunday: Marlin 1895 GSBL Lever-Action Rifle
• #SundayGunday: Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen
• #SundayGunday: Smith & Wesson Model 69
• #SundayGunday: Savage Arms A22 Magnum
• #SundayGunday: Winchester SX4
• #SundayGunday: Benelli Ethos 28-Gauge
• #SundayGunday: Kimber Model 84M Hunter
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.