by NRA Staff - Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Of the numerous, and varied, duties of American Hunter's editors, few are as difficult as reviewing the past year's new product releases and selecting the firearms, ammunition and accessories that are most deserving of the sought after American Hunter Golden Bullseye Award.
The Golden Bullseye is a symbol of excellence and innovation in firearms, accessories and related equipment. The American Hunter staff does not take the selection of its winners lightly, and has the utmost confidence that readers will receive this year's recipients with enthusiasm.
Accordingly, the Golden Bullseye Pioneer Award specifically honors outstanding personal achievement.
NRA Publications will present its annual Golden Bullseye Awards and Golden Bullseye Pioneer Award at an invitation-only breakfast during the 2014 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, April 25-27, in Indianapolis, Ind.
The following products, and their representative manufacturers, received 2014's American Hunter Golden Bullseye Awards.
• Rifle of the Year: Remington Model 783
• Shotgun of the Year: Browning Citori 725 Feather
• Muzzleloader of the Year: Traditions Vortek StrikerFire
• Ammunition Product of the Year: CCI Quiet-22
• Optic of the Year: Leica Geovid HD-B Binocular
• Gear of the Year: Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
• Vehicle of the Year: Polaris Ranger XP 900 EPS
• Pioneer Award: Frank Brownell, Chairman of the Board, Brownell's, Inc.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.