MidwayUSA announced the creation of a new shooting sports scholarship program at the MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup in May 2012.
Partnering with other industry members, MidwayUSA has donated $50,000 to launch the MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup Scholarship (MBCS) program. The program is set to debut at the next Bianchi Cup, which is being held in Columbia, Mo. from May 22-25, 2013.
The scholarship package for each entrant will include:
• Travel, lodging, entry fees and expense money not to exceed $2,500—provided by MidwayUSA
• A Colt National Match Grade Gold Cup in 9mm to use—provided by Colt Firearms
• One belt, one holster and magazine pouches—provided by Safariland
• Ammunition for practice and use at the match—provided by Sierra Bullets
• Two customized and personalized shooting shirts—provided by the NRA
• Mentoring from a professional shooter during the Championship (this includes practice time at the practice range and shooting in the same squad)
To be eligible, applicants must be college age shooters (ages 18-22), and must be first-time contestants at the Bianchi Cup. Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information, go to MidwayUSA.com.
Shown from left are: Larry Potterfield; 2012 Bianchi Cup Junior Champion Tiffany Piper; and Brenda Potterfield.