by NRA Staff - Thursday, October 18, 2012
The Mako Group has announced that FAB Defense is releasing a new rifle buttstock that does what no other collapsible AR-15 buttstock can do—carry an extra 5.56 or .223 magazine of any capacity, ready for instant access.
The buttstock—named GL-MAG M4/AR-15 Survival Stocks—can carry any capacity AR-15 magazines. The magazine is held securely in the stock by the same mechanics that secure a magazine to the rifle's firing system. The stock has a quick-release button that places the magazine in hand instantly, ready for loading.
Hunters can use the built in magazine well to eliminate the need to put spare magazines into noisy pouches or belt carriers. An easy to access second magazine also makes it easier to carry different rounds for close- and long-range shots.
For a limited time, FAB Defense will offer a free 10-round magazine with the purchase of a Survival Buttstock.
- Inconspicuous, sleek design with no protruding parts.
- Will not snag on gear or webbing.
- No more awkward magazine pouch dangling on a buttstock.
- Keeps all of the characteristics of the M4 Buttstock, while incorporating astate-of-the-art internal magazine carrier.
- Accepts any capacity AR-15 (M4) magazines.
- Positions a spare magazine close at hand for a rapid change, providing a tactical edge.
- Does not interfere with or change buttstock-to-shoulder positioning.
- Fits perfectly on both MIL-SPEC and aftermarket commercial tubes.
- Integrated ambidextrous swivel QD Quick Detach rear sling connectors.
The GL-MAG M4/AR-15 Survival Stocks ship with an MSRP of $122.40.
For more information, go to TheMakoGroup.com.
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Hunter magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Hunter, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.