Saftey Reminders from HSS
The off-season is the perfect time of year to perform routine maintenance on all hunting gear.
April 27, 2010
Now that it's the off-season, the folks at Hunter Safety System want to remind hunters that this is the perfect time of year to perform routine maintenance on all gear. Be sure that all equipment remains safe and fully functional for the upcoming season.
Here are a few basic tips to ensure safety:
1. Check all strapping material, buckles, seats and stitching for wear and tear.
2. Oil hinges, and tighten bolts and screws.
3. Repaint where necessary.
4. Check all rope assemblies for cuts, unraveling or any weak areas.
5. Wash away dirt, mud or oils that may create dangerous slippery areas.
6. Add padding to rails where needed.
7. Take steps to reduce any potential noisy squeaks or clicks.
8. Order and replace any missing or damaged parts.
9. Purchase safety accessory items that you do not have: Quick-Connect Straps, Lineman's Climbing Strap and Lifelines.
Safety should be your number one priority. One of these small changes could just be the thing that saves your life. For more information, go to www.huntersafetysystem.com.